In case you haven’t noticed by now, I’ll make earrings out of pretty much anything I can. Cotton balls, Coles Little Shop Collectables, chopstick rests, novelty erasers, resin, and now stickers!
Earrings have always been my favourite accessories – with necklaces close behind – and it’s almost always cheaper (and DEFINITELY always funner) to DIY than to buy, so this won’t be my last unique earring creation by far 😂
I’ve always loved stickers, but as an adult, couldn’t think of an actual use for them. I already impulse purchased a huge tub of these foam stickers during a sale a while ago, and stuck a few jump rings and an earring hook into the ends of each design, but I wasn’t completely in love with them for a few reasons.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: How to Make Your Own Jewellery Display Board
When you wore them, they’d spin around and reveal their white backs. I couldn’t just stick two stickers together because, due to their shapes, they wouldn’t be aligned properly.
So, they just laid on my craft table for months mocking me until I came up with the solution: craft foam sheets! They would help provide more colour, make the earrings bigger, and it wouldn’t matter if they flipped around or not because they’d look the same on both sides. Win-win! 🎉
YOU WILL NEED:
♡ Stickers of your choice (I am using these fun 3D foam stickers, but regular stickers will do just fine!)
♡ Craft foam sheets
♡ Jump rings
♡ Earring hooks
♡ Tweezers or small pliers
♡ Mini hand drill or sewing pin
♡ Circular item to trace around (optional, but helpful!)
1. The first thing I did was decide what colour foam sheets I wanted to use with certain stickers, so play around with mixing and matching colours beforehand.
2. Once you’ve decided which stickers will go with certain colours, either draw or trace as many circles onto your foam sheets as you will need. One circle will be one earring, two will be a pair, etc. Keep in mind that the circles will need to be bigger than the stickers you’re using so that the stickers don’t hang over the edges!
3. Once you’ve drawn all the circles you need, gently cut them out. Craft foam can scratch and bend easily, so go easily on this step.
4. Line up all your circles with their corresponding stickers. Remember that each craft foam circle will need two stickers, one for each side. Pick up one sticker, remove the back, and stick it directly in the middle of your foam circle. Flip the circle over as precisely as possibly, and stick the other sticker in the same place as you did the last one. Repeat this with all your other stickers and circles.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: DIY Junk Food Inspired Memo Board Makeovers
5. Place all your foam circles so that the stickers are facing upright. Using your hand drill or a sewing pin, make a hole at the top of each circle. Using a pair of tweezers or small pliers, open up a jump ring, thread it through the hole you just made, place an earring hook over the jump ring, and then close it. Continue with your remaining foam circles, and then you’re done! You now have some really fun, bright, eye-catching accessories 🌈✨
One of the best things about these earrings is how light and airy they are! You can’t even tell you’re wearing them. Whilst I’m usually alllll about style over comfort – as bad as that is 🙊 – I DO like to know that I still have the option of being able to wear some cute and colourful earrings that won’t cause my earlobes too much damage, especially if I’ve been wearing some really heavy earrings all week long or something! 😅
Until next time,
Click here to follow all the colourful
fun over on Pinterest!
10 thoughts on “DIY Earrings Made Out of… Stickers!”
This looks like a cute project that my daughter would love. Luckily we have a ton of stickers and foam!
It’s a great way to use up craft supplies that are just sitting there AND to pass the time, too! 😊
This is a genius idea! I have tons of puffy stickers that I bought on sale but they’re too think to use in my journals so I don’t know what to do with them. Making them into earrings is a great idea! ♥
Thank you, lovely!!! 💕 I love puffy stickers too, and I never know what to use them for. I also love regular stickers, but I don’t use them for anything, so I’ll probably turn them into earrings eventually too 😂🙊
This is such a cute idea. I love how you can make them out of pretty much any design!
Thank you! Yes, the possibilities are endless 🙌
These are so cute! All of your posts are so creative. Love the pizza ones.
Thank you so much! Yes, got to have some junk food in there 😋
I have so many stickers I never use. This is such a fun way to repurpose them!
Same! I don’t know why I keep buying them, but I knew I had to find a way to use them or else they really were just going to be a waste of space. Well, not anymore! ☺️🙌